TAKE A JOURNEY FOR THE SOUL THIS WINTER
|Package||$/night||Round trip helicopter||Total with tax|
*Prices are per person and double occupancy is required. Single occupancy available in the Raven’s Nest.
February 7, 2018 – March 18, 2018
Private group availability
December 27, 2018- January 10, 2019
February 4, 2019- April 15, 2019
- ACMG guiding program for ski touring, telemarking, light ski touring and splitboarders who are prepared for transitions and flats. Beginners to advanced levels are welcome.
- Snowshoers are exclusively guided on specific dates.
- House made and from scratch meals including lunch on your arrival day.
- Room options: Double occupancy required.
Room #1, #2 and #3: Sleeps 2. Beds can be twin or king mode.
Room #4: Sleeps 2-4. Double bed with a twin bunk plus a twin bed.
Room #5: Sleeps 2. Two twin beds.
Raven’s Nest: Sleeps 2-3. Three twin beds. Accessed by a ladder and for nimble climbers only.
- Room option: Single occupancy. Dorm style.
Raven’s Nest: Sleeps 2-3. Three twin beds. Accessed by a ladder and for nimble climbers only. Expect to get to know your bunk buddies.
- In the winter, children 12 years old and older are welcome. All minors require parental attendance in order to take part in the guiding program.
- Private group bookings available for groups of 10-14 people and families with children under the age of 12.
- Down duvets, linens and towels are provided.
- Sauna, watering can showers and outhouses located in a heated building adjacent to the Lodge.
- Off the grid living.
- Talus is a place to reconnect. Sorry, NO Wi Fi.
- Guests are required to bring their own ski and snowshoe equipment including climbing skins. All guests are required to bring digital avalanche transceiver, probe and shovel.
Helicopter flights depart from Canmore Alpine Heliport or Mount Shark Helipad (one hour drive from Canmore) on Mondays and Thursdays. Depending on your booking order, weather and logistics you may be flying from Canmore Alpine Heliport or Mount Shark Helipad. Guests will be informed of the helicopter staging area one week prior to trip departure. We recommend arriving in Canmore the night before your Talus departure. Do not book commercial flights on your departure day from Talus. Consider staying at the Paintbox Lodge, our sister property in downtown Canmore. Talus Lodge guests receive 10% off your stay at the Paintbox Lodge and we will waive the two night minimum.
Monday and Thursday departures
Canmore – Talus 10:00 am. Check-in at Canmore Alpine Heliport: 9:15 am.
Mount Shark Helipad – Talus 10:30 am. Check- in at Mount Shark Helipad: 9:45 am.
We will be offering guided ski touring to and from Talus via Burstall Pass for strong backcountry skiers in 2020. For safety reasons, we do not allow guest ski access without an ACMG guide.