THE SUMMER GEAR LIST
Drop us a line if you there are items missing or if you are unsure of something. We are happy to help. Talus Lodge provides bear spray for our guests.
- Hiking boots
- Poles (optional)
- Daypack (35 -40 litre)
- Water bottle
- Tea thermos (optional)
- Sunscreen and lip protection
- Drones/UAV’s are not permitted at Talus.
- Base layer top
- Base layer bottoms (long underwear/tights)
- Waterproof pants
- Waterproof and breathable jacket
- Soft shell jacket
- Thin wind shirt or jacket
- Fleece jacket
- Down or insulated jacket
- Hiking socks
- Warm hat
- Baseball cap with neck coverage
- Blister and foot care kit
LODGE AND PERSONAL ITEMS
- Comfortable lodge clothing
- Slippers or indoor lodge shoes
- Personal toiletries. Talus Lodge provides Rocky Mountain Soap Company products (Shampoo, Conditioner and Bodywash).
- Camera and battery charger
- Extra batteries
- Lunch bag/container
- A good read
- Personal alcohol- Wine and beer for sale at the lodge. If you want to BYO: corkage fee is $15.00 per bottle. Please be mindful of weight restrictions.
Maximum baggage weight per guest 15 KG
One pair of skis or snowshoe per guest.
Excess baggage fee: $4.00 per KG
HOW TO PACK FOR THE HELICOPTER
- Carry your prescription medication on your person.
- Space is limited. Gear must be limited to essentials.
- Gear above the luggage restrictions will incur the excess baggage fee.
- More than one bag is allowed provided the bags meet the weight limits.
- Backpacks and small duffel bags are best. Please, no suitcases and backpacks with external frames.
- Anything attached to your bag may be removed in order to fit in the helicopter.
- Wear your bulky clothing and hiking boots.
- We reserve the right to refuse oversize bags/items and extra skis due to space restrictions.
- Dogs are not allowed in the helicopter.