THE SUMMER GEAR LIST
Drop us a line if you there are items missing or if you are unsure of something. We are happy to help. Talus Lodge provides bear spray for our guests.
- Hiking boots
- Poles (optional)
- Daypack (35 -40 litre)
- Water bottle
- Tea thermos (optional)
- Sunscreen and lip protection
- Drones/UAV’s are not permitted at Talus.
- Base layer top
- Base layer bottoms (long underwear/tights)
- Waterproof pants
- Waterproof and breathable jacket
- Soft shell jacket
- Thin wind shirt or jacket
- Fleece jacket
- Down or insulated jacket
- Hiking socks
- Warm hat
- Baseball cap with neck coverage
- Blister and foot care kit
LODGE AND PERSONAL ITEMS
- Comfortable lodge clothing
- Slippers or indoor lodge shoes
- Personal toiletries. Talus Lodge provides Rocky Mountain Soap Company products (Shampoo, Conditioner and Bodywash).
- Camera and battery charger
- Extra batteries
- Lunch bag/container
- A good read
- Wine and beer for sale at the lodge. Please do not bring your own as we have weight restrictions on the helicopter.
Maximum baggage weight per guest 15 KG
One pair of skis or snowshoe per guest.
Excess baggage fee: $4.00 per KG
HOW TO PACK FOR THE HELICOPTER
- Carry your prescription medication on your person.
- Space is limited. Gear must be limited to essentials.
- Gear above the luggage restrictions will incur the excess baggage fee.
- More than one bag is allowed provided the bags meet the weight limits.
- Backpacks and small duffel bags are best. Please, no suitcases and backpacks with external frames.
- Anything attached to your bag may be removed in order to fit in the helicopter.
- Wear your bulky clothing and hiking boots.
- We reserve the right to refuse oversize bags/items and extra skis due to space restrictions.
- Dogs are not allowed in the helicopter.