ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK FOR COVID 19
There is undeniably an ‘Acknowledgement of Risk’ for guests wishing to pursue this adventure amidst a Global Pandemic. No matter how many precautions and measures are taken, we cannot guarantee with certainty that COVID-19 will not find its way into the lodge. Please deeply consider your personal level of vulnerability AND that of your co-vulnerability.
The Guest Agreement includes an Acknowledgement of Risk for COVID-19. See below.
- I understand the novel coronavirus causes the disease known as COVID-19 and that it is currently a pandemic. I understand the novel coronavirus virus has a long incubation period during which carriers of the virus may not show symptoms and still be contagious. For this reason, it is recommended to stay home and avoid close contact with other people when at all possible.
- I understand the federal and provincial governments have asked individuals to maintain social distancing of at least 2 metres and I recognize it may not be possible to maintain this distance at all times in a backcountry lodge.
- I understand that due to the visits of other guests, the characteristics of the novel coronavirus and the characteristics of novel coronavirus spread that I possibly have an elevated risk of contracting AND SPREADING the novel coronavirus simply by being in a backcountry lodge with other people during my trip.
- I agree to complete BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool within 12 hours of departing for staging.
- I agree to act in accordance to the instructions provided by the BC COVID-19 Self Assessment Tool.
- I agree to self-isolation at the lodge, to be reassessed daily, should I develop any of the main signs/symptoms of COVID-19 (new fever or worsening cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, runny nose.)
- I agree that if I develop any of the signs/symptoms listed above and they do not resolve, get worse, or deemed a risk to others by Talus Lodge staff, I will be evacuated from the lodge at my own expense.
- I am aware if I am evacuated from Talus Lodge, the cost will be covered by me and that Talus Lodge highly recommends evacuation insurance coverage.