THE SUMMER GEAR LIST
Drop us a line if you there are items missing or if you are unsure of something. We are happy to help.
- Hiking boots
- Poles (optional)
- Daypack (35 -40 litre)
- Water bottle
- Tea thermos (optional)
- Sunscreen and lip protection
- Drones/UAV’s are not permitted at Talus.
- Base layer top
- Base layer bottoms (long underwear/tights)
- Waterproof pants
- Waterproof and breathable jacket
- Soft shell jacket
- Thin wind shirt or jacket
- Fleece jacket
- Down or insulated jacket
- Hiking socks
- Warm hat
- Baseball cap with neck coverage
- Blister and foot care kit
LODGE AND PERSONAL ITEMS
- Comfortable lodge clothing
- Slippers or indoor lodge shoes
- Personal toiletries.
- Camera and battery charger
- Extra batteries
- Lunch bag/container
- A good read
- We are often asked for guidelines regarding gratuity policy and amounts. Gratuities are not expected but appreciated by the staff. Over the past season, gratuities have typically averaged 10% of the package price and are divided equally amongst lodge staff. If you wish, you can either bring cash to the lodge or add a gratuity to your final payment with the credit card on your booking file.
- Wine and beer is available for purchase at the lodge. Due to space restrictions on the helicopter, please do not bring your own beer and wine. Payment can be made credit card on your booking file or cash. Feel free to bring your own spirits but please transfer to a plastic container for the helicopter flight.
- Bear spray will be provided at the lodge. Do not bring bear spray on the helicopter.
- Talus Lodge provides Rocky Mountain Soap Company products (Shampoo, Conditioner and Bodywash).
- Talus Lodge provides sheets, down duvets, pillows and towels.
Maximum baggage weight per guest 15 KG
One pair of skis or snowshoe per guest.
Excess baggage fee: $4.00 per KG
HOW TO PACK FOR THE HELICOPTER
- Carry your prescription medication on your person.
- Space is limited. Gear must be limited to essentials.
- Gear above the luggage restrictions will incur the excess baggage fee.
- More than one bag is allowed provided the bags meet the weight limits.
- Backpacks and small duffel bags are best. Please, no suitcases and backpacks with external frames.
- Anything attached to your bag may be removed in order to fit in the helicopter.
- Wear your warm clothes.
- We reserve the right to refuse oversize bags/items and extra skis due to space restrictions
- Working dogs only allowed on the helicopter.
HELICOPTER DO’S AND DONT’S
No wheelies and hard sided suitcases. We love small duffels and day packs. Fly on the helicopter with your prescriptions on your person.
No dingle dongels hanging off your pack. Wear your ski helmut and let the loader know if you have an avalanche pack.
Wine and beer is available for purchase at the lodge. Should you want to bring libations (other than wine and beer), please transfer to a plastic container.