|Package||Per person based on double occupancy||Per person in private room||Child|
THE SKI SEASON
February 8, 2021 to April 1, 2021
- Round trip helicopter flight from Canmore and/or Mount Shark Helipad
- Helicopter and guiding for Talus Traverse.
- ACMG led ski guiding for alpine touring, telemarking and split boarding
- House made and from scratch meals including lunch on your arrival day
- Down duvets, linens and towels
- Sauna, watering can showers and outhouses located in a building adjacent to the Lodge
- Off the grid living
- Talus is a place to reconnect. There is no guest access to Wi Fi
Experienced and strong groups who booked guided ski touring access, live within 150 km of staging and carpool to get to staging can take advantage of a 10% discount applied to the nightly rate.
THE GUIDING PROGRAM
- Talus runs a safety conscious ski program led by ACMG ski guides for alpine touring, telemarking and split boarders.
- Guests are required to bring ski or splitboard equipment including climbing skins.
- Guests are required to bring a digital avalanche transceiver, shovel and probe.
- Guests must be able to ski in all types of snow and conditions.
- Split boarders must be prepared for transitions and flats.
- The guiding program caters to the average level of the skier in the group. There are often turn back options for those who want shorter days.
- Talus does not permit self guiding.
- Minors require parental and/or guardians attendance in order to take part in the ski guiding program.
SINGLE OCCUPANCY IN DORMITORY STYLE ROOMS
Single occupancy available Raven’s Nest at per person double occupancy rate. Dormitory style and gender neutral. Expect to get to know your bunkmates. The Raven’s Nest is accessed by a ladder.
CHILD RATE (AGE 12-16)
- Family room booking available for families with children 12 years and older.
- Child pricing is based on the family room availability (Room #3 and #4) or Raven’s Nest availability.
- Minors require parental attendance in order to take part in the ski guiding program.
- Minors may not be left unattended at the lodge.
- Private group bookings are required for families with children under the age of 12.
- Available for a minimum of 12 people or equivalent pricing.
- Available for families with children under 12 years of age.
- For more information on private group bookings in the winter: click here
- Room #1: Two twins.
- Room #2: Two twins.
- Room #3: Double bed and twin bunk.
- Room #4: Double bed and twin bunk.
- Room #5: Double bed.
- Room #6: Double and a twin bed.
MONDAY AND THURSDAY EXCHANGE DAYS
WINTER HELICOPTER ACCESS
Helicopter flights depart from Canmore Municipal Heliport which is located in the Town of Canmore or the Mount Shark Helipad which is an hour drive from Canmore. Helicopter staging location will be confirmed one week prior to trip departure.
Helicopter passengers are required to complete the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool within 12 hours of departure and to act in accordance to the instructions provided by the Self Assessment Tool. Mask wear is required at staging and onboard the helicopter.
THE TALUS TRAVERSE: GUIDED SKI TOURING AND HELICOPTER FUSION ACCESS TRIPS
All members of the group must be strong backcountry skiers.
March 4- March 8, 2021
March 4: Mount Shark Helipad to Talus via helicopter.
March 8 : Talus to Burstall Pass Parking via guided ski touring.
March 8-March 11, 2021
March 8: Burstall Pass Parking to Talus via guided ski touring
March 11. Talus to Mount Shark Helipad via helicopter.
For more information on guided ski touring and helicopter fusion access trips: click here
ACCOMODATION IN CANMORE
Consider staying at the Paintbox Lodge, our sister property in downtown Canmore. Talus Lodge guests receive 10% off and we will waive the two night minimum. Complimentary breakfast is provided at the Paintbox at 7:30 am on your Talus departure day to allow enough time to get to your staging area.