THE WINTER GEAR LIST
Drop us a line if you there are items missing or if you are unsure of something. We are happy to help. For gear rentals, we recommend booking ahead with Gear Up. Mention you are headed to Talus and receive 10% off.
- Backcountry touring skis, split snowboard or telemark skis. Make sure bindings are in working order
- Ski or snowboard boots
- Climbing skins
- Collapsible avalanche shovel
- Collapsible avalanche probe
- Digital avalanche transceiver (smartphone with search app not acceptable)
- Duct tape, pocket knife/leatherman, ski wax and scraper.
- Daypack (35 -40 litre)
- Water bottle
- Tea thermos (optional)
- Goggles and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and lip protection
- Light touring skis or snowshoes. Private groups only
- Base layer top
- Base layer bottoms (long underwear/tights)
- Ski pants
- Waterproof and breathable jacket
- Soft shell jacket
- Thin wind shirt or jacket
- Fleece jacket
- Down or insulated jacket
- Ski socks
- Warm hat
- Baseball cap with neck coverage
- Thin touring gloves
- Blister and foot care kit
LODGE AND PERSONAL ITEMS
- Comfortable lodge clothing
- Slippers or indoor lodge shoes
- Personal toiletries.
- Camera and battery charger
- Extra batteries
- Lunch bag/container
- A good read
- Due to space restrictions on the helicopter, please do not bring personal beer and wine. Feel free to bring your own spirits but please transfer to a plastic container for the helicopter flight.
- Cash for gratuity appreciated but not expected. Gratuity also possible via credit card on your booking file.
AT THE LODGE
- Wine and beer is available for purchase at the lodge. Payment can be made credit card on your booking file or cash.
- Outdoor boots in a range of sizes
- Rocky Mountain Soap Company products (Shampoo, Conditioner and Body wash)
- Two guitars and song books
- Foam roller and massage hook
LEAVE AT HOME
- Personal wine/beer due to weight and space restrictions on the helicopter.
- Hair dryers
- Ski bags
Maximum baggage weight per guest 17 KG
One pair of skis only per guest
Excess baggage fee: $4.00 per KG
- Space is limited. Gear must be limited to essentials.
- Gear above the luggage allowance will incur the excess baggage fee.
- More than one bag is allowed provided the bags meet the weight limits.
- We reserve the right to refuse oversize bags/items.
- Working dogs only allowed on the helicopter.
PREPARE LIKE A PRO FOR THE HELICOPTER
Wear ski boots, helmut and ski clothing. Prescriptions on your person.
No wheelies and hard sided suitcases. We love small duffels and day packs. If you have an avalanche pack, let the helicopter loader know.
No dingle dongels hanging off your pack.
Wine and beer is available for purchase at the lodge. Should you want to bring libations (other than wine and beer), please transfer to a plastic container.