THE WINTER GEAR LIST
Drop us a line if you there are items missing or if you are unsure of something. We are happy to help. For gear rentals, we recommend booking ahead with Gear Up. Mention you are headed to Talus and receive 10% off.
- Backcountry touring skis, split snowboard or telemark skis. Make sure bindings are in working order.
- Light touring skis or snowshoes. Private groups only.
- Ski or snowboard boots
- Climbing skins
- Collapsible avalanche shovel
- Collapsible avalanche probe
- Digital avalanche transceiver (smartphone with search app not acceptable)
- Duct tape, pocket knife/leatherman, ski wax and scraper.
- Daypack (35 -40 litre)
- Water bottle
- Tea thermos (optional)
- Goggles and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and lip protection
- Base layer top
- Base layer bottoms (long underwear/tights)
- Ski pants
- Waterproof and breathable jacket
- Soft shell jacket
- Thin wind shirt or jacket
- Fleece jacket
- Down or insulated jacket
- Ski socks
- Warm hat
- Baseball cap with neck coverage
- Thin touring gloves
- Blister and foot care kit
LODGE AND PERSONAL ITEMS
- Comfortable lodge clothing
- Slippers or indoor lodge shoes
- Personal toiletries. Talus Lodge provides Rocky Mountain Soap Company products (Shampoo, Conditioner and Body wash).
- Camera and battery charger
- Extra batteries
- Lunch bag/container
- A good read
- Wine and beer is available for purchase at the lodge. Due to space restrictions on the helicopter, please do not bring your own beer and wine. Payment can be made credit card on your booking file or cash. Feel free to bring your own spirits but please transfer to a plastic container for the helicopter flight.
- Cash for gratuity appreciated but not expected. Gratuity also possible via credit card on your booking file.
AT THE LODGE
- Outdoor boots in a range of sizes
- Guitar and song book
- Foam roller and massage hook
LEAVE AT HOME
- Personal wine/beer due to weight and space restrictions on the helicopter.
- Hair dryers
Maximum baggage weight per guest 17 KG
One pair of skis or snowshoe per guest.
Excess baggage fee: $4.00 per KG
HOW TO PACK FOR THE HELICOPTER
- Carry your prescription medication on your person.
- Space is limited. Gear must be limited to essentials.
- Gear above the luggage restrictions will incur the excess baggage fee.
- More than one bag is allowed provided the bags meet the weight limits.
- Backpacks and small duffel bags are best. Please, no suitcases and backpacks with external frames.
- Anything attached to your bag may be removed in order to fit in the helicopter.
- Wear your warm clothes.
- We reserve the right to refuse oversize bags/items and extra skis due to space restrictions
- Working dogs only allowed on the helicopter.