AN INVITATION TO ADVENTURE
THE SKI SEASON
February 8, 2021 to March 25, 2021
ENTIRE LODGE GROUP BOOKINGS SUPPORTING LOCAL TRAVEL GUIDELINES
Until further notice, Talus Lodge can accept entire lodge group bookings only. Call it your cohort, your pod, your bubble, your squad, or your quaranteam. All group members must accept the collective risk of being with each other. We are encouraging local travel based on travel guidelines provided by BC Provincial Health Office and Alberta Health Services.
We specialize in exploratory backcountry skiing with incredible vistas. At Talus, we count wolverine tracks, not vertical feet. We promise, the skiing is either going to be fun, funny or both! Mother nature is the boss of winter. We can’t predict snow conditions but for the adventurous skier, we can guarantee a whoop worthy good time. We are not humble braggers but when we ski at Talus, we can’t get the smile off our faces. Our goal, whether you are a beginner with grit or a relaxed powder hound, is for you to have your best day, everyday.
The historical average height of snow is 1.5-2.0 meters. A big day at Talus is 1000 metres of elevation. Average runs range between 100-300 meters and our terrain is a mix of high alpine, gladed trees and tree skiing. Our longest tree run is 650 meters.
THE GUIDING PROGRAM
- Talus runs a safety conscious ski program led by ACMG ski guides for alpine touring, telemarking and split boarders.
- Guests are required to bring ski or splitboard equipment including climbing skins.
- Guests are required to bring a digital avalanche transceiver, shovel and probe.
- All levels welcome. Must be able to ski up and down in all types of snow and conditions.
- Split boarders must be prepared for transitions and flats.
- The guiding program caters to the average level of the skier in the group. There are often turn back options for those who want shorter days.
- Talus does not permit self guiding.
- Talus does not provide guiding for cross country skiing and snowshoeing in our regular program.
- Minors require parental and/or guardians attendance in order to take part in the ski guiding program.
For an description of the skiing at Talus: click here