AN INVITATION TO ADVENTURE
THE SKI SEASON
December 30, 2019- January 6, 2020
February 6, 2020- April 6, 2020.
We specialize in exploratory backcountry skiing with incredible vistas. At Talus, we count wolverine tracks, not vertical feet. We promise, the skiing is either going to be fun, funny or both! Mother nature is the boss of winter. We can’t predict snow conditions but for the adventurous skier, we can guarantee a whoop worthy good time. We are not humble braggers but when we ski at Talus, we can’t get the smile off our faces. Our goal, whether you are a beginner with grit or a relaxed powder hound, is for you to have your best day, everyday.
The historical average height of snow is 1.5-2.0 meters. A big day at Talus is 1000 metres of elevation. Average runs range between 100-300 meters and our terrain is a mix of high alpine, gladed trees and tree skiing. Our longest tree run is 650 meters.
THE GUIDING PROGRAM
- Talus runs a safety conscious ski program led by ACMG ski guides for alpine touring, telemarking and split boarders.
- Winter guests are required to bring their own ski or splitboard equipment including climbing skins.
- All winter guests are required to bring a digital avalanche transceiver, shovel and probe.
- All levels welcome. Must be able to ski in all types of snow.
- Split boarders must be prepared for transitions and flats.
- The guiding program caters to the average level of the skier in the group. There are often turn back options for those who want shorter days.
- Guided snowshoeing and light ski touring is available for private groups only.
- Minors require parental and/or guardians attendance in order to take part in the ski guiding program.