Talus Lodge is a back-to-the-basics* backcountry lodge that provides the simple physical comforts required for true happiness. Combined with the stellar company of fellow mountain souls, made from scratch comfort food, an incredible setting with a super sized dose of wilderness, Talus Lodge is an ideal launch pad for your next backcountry ski or hiking adventure.
*BACK TO THE BASICS
Sleeps up to 14.
Rooms: Private rooms that sleep from 2-4 people with down duvets, linens, towel and ear plugs provided. Electrical outlet for charging devices.
Food: From scratch, made in house, hearty mountain. Served buffet or family style. Guest pack their own brown bag lunches.
Sink: Communal hand washing/tooth brushing sink with warm’ish water.
Wifi: There is no guest access to the Wifi. Guests may use the satellite phone as required.
The Wash House
Communal and located 10 meters from the lodge.
Toilets: State of the art, conveyor belt urine diversion toilets.
Showers: watering can
Sauna: wood fired
Sink: Summer running cold water.
Summer Water: running cold water
Winter Water: water is hauled from the lake
Power: Solar supplemented by generator
Heat: Wood stove
Kitchen Stove: Propane
Each lower level room has private access to the lower deck. The main floor contains the kitchen, living and dining area as well as a guest bedroom with two single beds. The Raven’s Nest has three single beds and is located in the upper loft. It is accessible by a ladder and for nimble folks only.
Large upper and lower decks facing southwest add to the outdoor enjoyment of Talus Lodge and provide fantastic views.
The lodge can accommodate up to 14 people.
- Room #1: Sleep 2. Beds can be twin or king mode. Lower level.
- Room #2: Sleep 2. Beds can be twin or king mode. Lower level.
- Room #3: Sleeps 2-4. Double bed and twin bunk. Can be booked as a family room. Lower level.
- Room #4: Sleeps 2-4. Double bed and twin bunk. Can be booked as a family room. Lower level.
- Room #5: Sleeps 2. Two twin beds. Main level
- Raven’s Nest: Sleeps 3. Three twin beds. Accessed by steep stairs.