Talus Lodge is a back-to-the-basics* backcountry lodge that provides the simple physical comforts required for true happiness. Combined with the stellar company of fellow mountain souls, made from scratch comfort food, an incredible setting with a super sized dose of wilderness, Talus Lodge is an ideal launch pad for your next backcountry ski or hiking adventure.
*BACK TO THE BASICS
Sleeps up to 14.
Rooms: Private rooms that sleep from 2-4 people with down duvets, linens, towel and ear plugs provided. Electrical outlet for charging devices.
Food: From scratch, made in house, hearty mountain. Served buffet or family style. Guest pack their own brown bag lunches.
Sink: Communal hand washing/tooth brushing sink with warm’ish water.
Wifi: There is no guest access to the Wifi. Guests may use the satellite phone as required.
The Wash House
Communal and located 10 meters from the lodge.
Toilets: State of the art, conveyor belt urine diversion toilets.
Showers: watering can
Sauna: wood fired
Sink: Summer running cold water.
Summer Water: running cold water
Winter Water: water is hauled from the lake
Power: Solar supplemented by generator
Heat: Wood stove
Kitchen Stove: Propane
Each lower level room has private access to the lower deck. The main floor contains the kitchen, living and dining area as well as a guest bedroom with two single beds. The Raven’s Nest has three single beds and is located in the upper loft. It is accessible by a ladder and for nimble folks only.
Large upper and lower decks facing southwest add to the outdoor enjoyment of Talus Lodge and provide fantastic views.
- Room #1: Sleep 2. Beds can be twin or king mode. Lower level.
- Room #2: Sleep 2. Beds can be twin or king mode. Lower level.
- Room #3: Sleeps 2-4. Double bed and twin bunk. Can be booked as a family room. Lower level.
- Room #4: Sleeps 2-4. Double bed and twin bunk. Can be booked as a family room. Lower level.
- Room #5: Sleeps 2. Two twin beds. Main level
- Raven’s Nest: Sleeps 3. Three twin beds. Accessed by steep stairs.