WINTER PRIVATE GROUP RATES
PER PERSON AND BASED ON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY
|Package||$/night||Round trip helicopter||Total with tax|
CHILD RATE (AGE 2-16)
|Package||$/night||Round trip helicopter or guided hiking*||Total with tax|
THE SKI SEASON
December 30, 2019- January 6, 2020 (Private groups of 10-14 people)
February 6, 2020- April 6, 2020.
WINTER PRIVATE GROUP RATE
- Exclusive use of the lodge excluding the kitchen.
- Pricing is based on 10 people or equivalent pricing.
- Lodge capacity is 14 people.
- ACMG led guiding
- House made and from scratch meals including lunch on your arrival day.
- Down duvets, linens and towels.
- Sauna, watering can showers and outhouses located in a heated building adjacent to the Lodge.
- Off the grid living.
- Talus is a place to reconnect. Sorry, NO guest access to Wi Fi.
GUIDING PROGRAM FOR PRIVATE GROUPS
- Guiding can be customized based on the groups communal mode of transport.
- Option #1: ACMG led guiding for alpine ski touring, telemarking and split boarding. Split boarders must be prepared for transitions and flats.
- Option #2: Guiding for light ski touring.
- Option # 3: Guiding for snowshoeing.
- Private groups must chose one guiding option.
- Beginners to advanced levels welcome.
PRIVATE FAMILIES IN THE WINTER
- Pricing is based on 10 person people.
- 6 adults or equivalent pricing required.
- Under age 2 are complimentary.
- Minors require parental attendance in order to take part in the guiding program.
- Minors cannot be left unattended at the lodge.
- Private group bookings are required for families with children under the age of 12.
The lodge can accommodate up to 14 people.
- Room #1: Sleep 2. Beds can be twin or king mode. Lower level.
- Room #2: Sleep 2. Beds can be twin or king mode. Lower level.
- Room #3: Sleeps 2-4. Double bed and twin bunk. Can be booked as a family room. Lower level.
- Room #4: Sleeps 2-4. Double bed and twin bunk. Can be booked as a family room. Lower level.
- Room #5: Sleeps 2. Two twin beds. Main level
- Raven’s Nest: Sleeps 3. Three twin beds. Accessed by steep stairs.
Helicopter flights depart from Canmore Municipal Heliport (located in the Town of Canmore) or Mount Shark Helipad (one hour drive from Canmore). Guests arriving on public transport are priority passengers for the Canmore flight. Depending on logistics and your booking order you may be flying from Canmore Municipal Heliport or Mount Shark Helipad. Guests will be informed of the helicopter staging area one week prior to trip departure.
MONDAY AND THURSDAY EXCHANGE DAYS
|Canmore- Talus Flight||8:15 am Check in at the Canmore Municipal Heliport|
|Mount Shark- Talus Flights||
7:45 am Depart from Canmore for the Mount Shark Helipad with a full tank of gas
|Talus- Mount Shark Flights||9:30 am First helicopter flight departs for Mount Shark Helipad
9: 45 am First flight arrives at Mount Shark Helipad
|Talus- Canmore flight||
10:15 am- 10: 45 Helicopter flight departs for Canmore Municipal Heliport
We are offering guided ski touring to and from Talus via Burstall Pass for previous Talus guests who are strong backcountry skiers. The one way guiding fee is $175.00 per person. A group size minimum of 4 or equivalent pricing is required. For safety reasons, we do not allow guest ski access without Talus guide.
ACCOMODATION IN CANMORE
Consider staying at the Paintbox Lodge, our sister property in downtown Canmore. Talus Lodge guests receive 10% off and we will waive the two night minimum. Complimentary breakfast is provided at the Paintbox at 7:30 am on your Talus departure day to allow enough time to get to your staging area.