TAKE A JOURNEY FOR THE SOUL
Winter guests are required to bring their own ski or splitboard equipment including climbing skins. All winter guests are required to bring a digital avalanche transceiver, shovel and probe.
PER PERSON AND BASED ON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY
|Package||$/night||Round trip helicopter||Total with tax|
- ACMG led guiding
- House made and from scratch meals including lunch on your arrival day.
- Down duvets, linens and towels.
- Sauna, watering can showers and outhouses located in a heated building adjacent to the Lodge.
- Off the grid living.
- Talus is a place to reconnect. Sorry, NO guest access to Wi Fi.
THE WINTER SEASON
February 7, 2019- April 15, 2019
December 30, 2019- January 6, 2020 (Private groups of 10-14 people)
February 6, 2020- April 6, 2020.
GUIDING PROGRAM FOR PRIVATE GROUPS
- Guiding can be customized based on the groups communal mode of transport.
- Option #1: ACMG led guiding for alpine ski touring, telemarking and split boarding. Split boarders must be prepared for transitions and flats.
- Option #2: Guiding for light ski touring.
- Option # 3: Guiding for snowshoeing.
- Private groups must chose one guiding option.
- Beginners to advanced levels welcome.
- 10 person minimum or equivalent pricing.
- Up to 14 people.
- 10 person minimum. 6 adults or equivalent pricing required.
- Private group bookings are required for families with children under the age of 12.
- Minors require parental attendance in order to take part in the ski guiding program.
- Under age 2 are complimentary.
Helicopter flights depart from Canmore Alpine Heliport (located in the Town of Canmore) or Mount Shark Helipad (one hour drive from Canmore). Guests arriving on public transport are priority passengers for the Canmore flight. Depending on logistics and your booking order you may be flying from Canmore Alpine Heliport or Mount Shark Helipad. Guests will be informed of the helicopter staging area one week prior to trip departure.
MONDAY AND THURSDAY EXCHANGE DAYS
|Canmore- Talus Flight||8:15 am Check in at the Canmore Alpine Heliport|
|Mount Shark- Talus Flights||
7:45 am Depart from Canmore for the Mount Shark Helipad with a full tank of gas
|Talus- Mount Shark Flights||9:30 am First helicopter flight departs for Mount Shark Helipad
9: 45 am First flight arrives at Mount Shark Helipad
|Talus- Canmore flight||
10:15 am- 10: 45 Helicopter flight departs for Canmore Alpine Heliport
ACCOMODATION IN CANMORE
Consider staying at the Paintbox Lodge, our sister property in downtown Canmore. Talus Lodge guests receive 10% off and we will waive the two night minimum.
We offer guided ski touring to and from Talus via Burstall Pass for strong backcountry skiers in 2020. For safety reasons, we do not allow guest ski access without an ACMG ski guide.