SUMMER PRIVATE GROUP RATES
PER PERSON AND BASED ON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY
|Package||$/night||Round trip helicopter||Total with tax|
CHILD RATE (AGE 2-16)
|Package||$/night||Round trip helicopter or guided hiking*||Total with tax|
THE HIKING SEASON
Monday, July 6, 2020-Thursday, September 24, 2020.
- Exclusive use of the lodge excluding the kitchen.
- Pricing is based on 12 people or equivalent pricing.
- Lodge capacity is 14 people.
- Guided hiking.
- House made and from scratch meals including lunch on your arrival day.
- Down duvets, linens and towels.
- Sauna, watering can showers and outhouses located in a heated building adjacent to the Lodge.
- Off the grid living.
- Talus is a place to reconnect. Sorry, NO Wi Fi.
PRIVATE FAMILIES IN THE SUMMER
- Pricing is based on 12 people.
- 6 adults or equivalent pricing is required.
- Under age 2 are complimentary.
- Minors require parental attendance in order to take part in the guiding program.
- Minors cannot be left unsupervised at the lodge.
- Private group bookings are required for families with children under the age of 8.
The lodge can accommodate up to 14 people.
- Room #1: Sleep 2. Beds can be twin or king mode. Lower level.
- Room #2: Sleep 2. Beds can be twin or king mode. Lower level.
- Room #3: Sleeps 2-4. Double bed and twin bunk. Can be booked as a family room. Lower level.
- Room #4: Sleeps 2-4. Double bed and twin bunk. Can be booked as a family room. Lower level.
- Room #5: Sleeps 2. Two twin beds. Main level
- Raven’s Nest: Sleeps 3. Three twin beds. Accessed by steep stairs.
Helicopter flights depart from Canmore Municipal Heliport (located in the Town of Canmore) or Mount Shark Helipad (one hour drive from Canmore). Guests arriving on public transport are priority passengers for the Canmore flight. Depending on logistics and your booking order you may be flying from Canmore Municipal Heliport or Mount Shark Helipad. Guests will be informed of the helicopter staging area one week prior to trip departure.
MONDAY AND THURSDAY EXCHANGE DAYS
|Canmore- Talus Flight||8:15 am Check in at the Canmore Municipal Heliport|
|Mount Shark- Talus Flights||
7:45 am Depart from Canmore for the Mount Shark Helipad with a full tank of gas
|Talus- Mount Shark Flights||9:30 am First helicopter flight departs for Mount Shark Helipad
9: 45 am First flight arrives at Mount Shark Helipad
|Talus- Canmore flight||
10:15 am- 10: 45 Helicopter flight departs for Canmore Municipal Heliport
GUIDED HIKING ACCESS
Talus Lodge will be offering guided hiking access in the summer of 2020. The easiest and shortest access route is 4 km with 650 meters of elevation gain. This route takes an average of four hours. Routes can be customized to epic full day hikes of up to 26 km that traverse vast areas of wilderness. Hiking routes be customized on the groups fitness and appetite for adventure. Access routes will vary with conditions and weather.
- Guided hiking: $175.00 per person each way.
- Includes transportation from Canmore.
- Minimum group size of six people and a commitment to hike in and out.
Due to safety reasons, remoteness of our location, absence of marked trails, difficult terrain that requires skilled navigation and active mining and logging in the area, guest hiking access is only possible with a Talus guide and with the provided transportation from Canmore. If you have hiked at Talus to Upper Cirque Lake, you will love the hike into Talus. Don’t expect a fluffed and buffed trail network or hands in the pocket walking.
ACCOMODATION IN CANMORE
Consider staying at the Paintbox Lodge, our sister property in downtown Canmore. Talus Lodge guests receive 10% off and we will waive the two night minimum. Complimentary breakfast is provided at the Paintbox at 7:30 am on your Talus departure day to allow enough time to get to your staging area.